Friday, October 1, 2010

Fall Flavor!

The weather has been chilly and windy (with some insane rain), the leaves are turning colors, and during my trip to the store today I found out that pumpkin pie spice is a HOT commodity.  Don't get me wrong, I can bake but when it comes to pies I leave that to experts. I needed the spice for making Pumpkin Pie Fudge.  I had no idea fudge could be so good. It is like eating pumpkin pie heaven, smooth, creamy, perfect pumpkin pie flavor, and super easy to make.  The kids did most of the work on this one....I had Monkey greasing pans for me and Toad stirring the mixture while it boiled, really all I did was time things and say when to put stuff in, and the stirring after we added the marshmallows(the mixture got insanely thick and hard to stir at that point).  I think for the next batch I am either going to pick up some candy molds and line them with plastic wrap or use ice cube trays lined with plastic wrap.  I think we have 4 or 5 ice cube trays that NEVER get used. 
I will have to see what I can find, I have a coupon for 50% off of one regular priced item at A.C. Moore for tomorrow so I think I will stop in and see what kind of candy molds they have.  It would be cute if I could find little pumpkins or "punkins" as the kids say.
Toad also decided tonight that for Halloween she wants to dress up as Hermione Granger from Harry Potter. Sounds like a better plan than the puppy dog with the bloody stump of an ear.  Monkey wants to be a cheerleader. I have to start looking for costumes.  Hopefully tomorrow I can steal away to Party City to see what they have.  The kids also have swim lessons tomorrow....YAY.  Only their second week in class but I am sure it will be a great class, these kids are fish and this will be the one time a week they get to swim until next summer.  Well I am off to the kitchen to finish up a few things and then off to bed to dream of pumpkin pie/pumpkin pie fudge.
BTW- here is a link to the recipe I used for the Pumpkin Pie Fudge

No comments:

Post a Comment