Tuesday, October 12, 2010

FNG Blues

By FNG I mean the "f*cking new guy/girl"     Today is the second time I have come to work to open the store and found a hot mess.  The showroom was a disaster when I came in this morning. All of the lamps were on, computer was left on, pillows everywhere, she left a bunch of stuff laying around like shoes, coke can, notebook.  She didn't do any end of night reports.  I don't understand what happened.  I can understand if she was busy, but it doesn't take but an extra 5 min to print reports and shut things off.  EVERYTHING except the overhead lights was left on.   Maybe she thought since it was her birthday that she didn't have to do anything.   If she was having trouble with anything I told her to call me.  I was home, I would have talked her through whatever and handled it today.   I don't understand what makes it ok to just not do what needs to be done.  The sad part is she will come in today and I will ask what happened and she if she has any questions about anything and she will say she has no questions that she knows what she is doing. 
Well I guess I am done complaining about all of the extra work I had to do this morning to get the store ready to open.  I don't worry too much about the store, but the way it looks directly reflects on us(the people here everyday). So while I don't get paid a whole lot, I still take some pride in making sure that things are done.  Right now I am headed out to clean all of the greasy finger/face prints off of the windows.  EEEWWWW.

No comments:

Post a Comment