Thursday, August 4, 2011

Resignations and windows 98

WOW! I didn't realize just how long it had been since I posted. Feels like forever ago. So now for the news...  Summer is almost over (which I am very sad about). We have a week and then we are off on our family camping trip. School starts a week after we get back and before we know it Halloween will be here.
My b-day, Crankybear's b-day and Toad's b-day are all right around the corner. I can't believe I am the mom to an almost 10 year old!!!   Hello!? Freaking out a little!  It's good though, she is growing up to be an extraordinary young lady. I couldn't ask for more.  Monkey is starting first grade and is 8 months away from being 7! OMG my babies are growing up so quick!...lol  
The week after we return from camping I will be starting a new job!  YAY!  A very family oriented owner who stated that weekends are family time and that is why we don't work them...  To be home nights and weekends is going to be a shock to my system after spending the last 2 years working nights and weekends.  The kids are excited that I will be home more, as am I. 
Monkey has started at a new dance school and is loving every moment. We couldn't be happier, and while she will miss her friends at rec council dance she will thrive at the new dance school.  Toad is happy to be starting gymnastics in a few weeks, and will be enjoying time spent bare footed pushing her limits in the gym.
Lets not forget that both girls are dreading the start of swim lessons in the fall, but swimming is a life lesson that will serve them well since we live in a waterfront community.  They understand and are willing to endure as it is one of the few requirements for the ability to do some of the things they want to do.

It's amazing to me how much things can change in just a couple short months.  I didn't think I would see the day when I would be sending in a resignation letter, but I have made it.  It is a hard thing to do... typing up a resignation letter. Your first instinct is to tell the place(that has caused your blood pressure to be through the roof) to "shove it" and walk away as fast as you can, but something in you says "you better not".  The other(more reasonable) part of you says it should be positive, and if you can't say anything nice just don't say it. For example: I can say that I did learn a lot during my time of employement here, but I shouldn't say what I learned specifically like....  how not to treat customers, how to work for cheap bastards, how to screw people over, how to deal with windows 98 in 2011, or how to bust your butt for a company that not only doesn't respect or care for it's employees, but would sell you out to a foriegn buyer if they thought they could make a buck off it.   Now I have tried a few different times to come up with the right words and basically what my letter says is thanks for the job here, but it's time for me to move on.  The other part I find so insanely hard is getting hotmail to work on windows 98. I have tried numerous times to type and send this letter and each time the computer crashes. I have decided that if they don't have the proper notice it is not my fault as I have tried dozens of times to type and send it and the computer crashes.  It has also given me the error message that it "has performed an illegal action and needs to close" to which I say bullshit. It is not illegal for me to quit my job and the computer hasn't done anything illegal on it's own.(aside from being the oldest computer still getting used daily).
I can't wait to be done here. It's scary to do something new, but I think this is going to be the best choice for now. Honestly, I would be stupid for not taking the new job... more money and nights and weekends home with the kids. That is every mom's dream job, work while the kids are in school, and home for all of the evening activities. 
Well, I think I am going to go and try again to send my resignation letter.
Hopefully this new job will afford me the time to post a little more often... (since i am sure I won't be leaving work at 9pm wishing I could crawl into bed the minute I walk in the door)  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment