Saturday, August 13, 2011

Searching for my replacement

My resignation was not as epic as I thought it would be. My manager understands the reasons why I told her I was leaving and didn't really say much else about it.  Nice.  I was also glad to see they are already scheduling interviews with people to replace me. It's about time they did something before it is too late. 

I can honestly say I am very excited about this change of pace for me. I have to ton of project ideas that I really want to work on, but just haven't had time. Not working weekends is going to free up a bunch of time for me to work on everything from the giant scrabble board to the rubber hose chair and even more. I can't wait!  I have so many plans and ideas of stuff I want to make and now I will have time. 
I have to go and open up a storage unit to put some extra stuff in. Once that is done though it is on! I will get my dremel tool and router attachment and get to work.  It will be awesome. 

Summer is plugging along at an alarming rate and our apartment looks like a hot mess. We are getting ready for our annual family camping trip and as things get packed, they are being stacked anywhere we can find space.  It reminds me of an episode of hoarders when they are part way through the clean up process... piles everywhere, but it's starting to make sense.  lol  The kid's school supplies are in bags in a pile in the corner until I can get a few minutes to separate and label it all. With school starting soon and everything else seeming to happen so fast, it has made me think of just how fast this year is flying by. Seems like yesterday there was a ton of snow and we were having trouble remembering to write 2011 instead of 2010 and now in 4 and 1/2 short months we will be making resolutions and saying good-bye to 2011.  The kids are getting older, Toad will turn double digits this year!!   The big 10!  I can't believe my baby is getting so big.   Monkey is starting First Grade!! OMG!  Above all else I will be 28 in 10 days.  Where did time go?! 
Oh well, just keep plugging along.


No comments:

Post a Comment